Once your divorce is final you are free to begin your new life. Remember this is a big step and there are some common issues that need to be addressed.
- Update health and life insurance dependents and beneficiaries
- Update any retirement plans and change your will if needed
- Sign over any titles or deeds right away
- Follow your court orders even if you don't necessarily agree. If the decree needs to be modified, speak to an attorney.
- Remember to get back out there! Spend time with your friends, join a group or take a class. Be active! Just don't rush into any relationships or marriages! It can be tempting to fill the loneliness, but you need time to heal before you make this step.