Deciding to end a marriage is never easy. When you got married, you thought it would be forever. You had trust and faith in yourself and your partner. Reality and time has shown you that what you believed about your partner and yourself isn't true. So how do you decide it is time to get out? There is no special plan...no step by step instruction guide telling you when to give up and move on. Maybe you have lost total faith in your partner and you don't even want to go to counseling. You don't even care who's fault it is. You just want to be free and move on or perhaps you are willing to do counseling, but your partner is not.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Should I stay for the kids?
- Is this relationship teaching the children something harmful?
- I have feelings for another, what should I do?
- I feel trapped.
- Should we wait until the kids are older?
- He threatens divorce every time we argue.
- If I don't want him anymore, is that a good enough reason to divorce?
The hardest part will be deciding when and how to end the marriage. Take responsibility for your mistakes and forgive your spouse. Find a lawyer that will help you work out the details, considering the consequences of each one. Look for someone that will help you make clear decisions during this emotional time.